Order Code: ROBOPICA
The RoboPica is a medium skill level robot kit that is an ideal platform for the teaching of microcontroller programming in colleges and universities. Also suitable for anyone with an interest in PIC microcontrollers and robots in general.
The RoboPica uses a Microchip PIC16F887 micr0controller, which can be programmed using various languages such as assembler, BASIC and C. Supplied in the kit is a USB programmer that is compatible with Microchip’s MPLAB development software.
- Quick and easy to assemble – no soldering required.
- Can be programmed using assembly language, BASIC or C – ideal for more experienced users and for use in further and higher education.
- Complete package includes everything required to conduct a number of different robot projects.
- Experiments cover basic movement, collision detection, line tracing and contactless collision detection techniques plus use of infrared remote control.
- Supplied with detailed and easy-to-follow documentation covering construction and C language programming of the robot.
- Wide range of optional interface boards and sensors available.
RBX-877 Controller Module Specifications
The “brains” of the RoboPica is the RBX-877 microcontroller board, which features:
- Based on Microchip PIC16F887 microcontroller.
- Two DC motor outputs.
- Three servo motor outputs.
- Eight programmable port lines.
- UART serial communications port.
- I2C port.
- Pushbutton input.
- Programmable LED indicator.
- Interrupt button and external interrupt connector.
- LCD connector and contrast adjustment potentiometer.
- Piezo speaker.
- ICD2 in-system programming connector.
- On/off switch and low battery indicator.
- Powered from four AA batteries (not included, 1700mAH or higher rechargeable batteries recommended).
- 1 x RBX-877 controller board with 16×2 character LCD.
- 1 x battery holder box.
- 2 x ZX-01 touch sensors.
- 2 x ZX-03 infrared reflective sensor.
- 1 x GP2D120 distance sensor.
- 1 x ER-4 38kHz infrared remote control.
- 1 x ZX-IRM 38kHz infrared receiver.
- 1 x baseplate.
- 1 x wheel and track set.
- 1 x screws and fixings pack.
- 1 x plastic joiners set.
- 2 x DC motor with 48:1 gearbox.
- 2 x motor mounting.
- 1 x PX-200 USB PIC programmer.