Order Code: ROBO51
The Robo51 is a medium skill level robot kit that is an ideal platform for the teaching of microcontroller programming in colleges and universities. Also suitable for anyone with an interest in 8051 microcontrollers and robots in general.
The Robo51 uses an Atmel T89C51AC2 microcontroller, which can be programmed using various languages such as assembler, BASIC and C.
- Quick and easy to assemble – no soldering required.
- Can be programmed using assembly language, BASIC or C – ideal for more experienced users and for use in further and higher education.
- Complete package includes everything required to conduct a number of different robot projects.
- Experiments cover basic movement, collision detection, line tracing and contactless collision detection techniques plus use of infrared remote control.
- Supplied with detailed and easy-to-follow documentation covering construction and C language programming of the robot.
- Wide range of optional interface boards and sensors available.
RBX-51AC2 Robot Controller Module Specifications
The “brains” of the ROBO-51 is the RBX-51AC2 microcontroller board, which features:
- Based on Atmel T89C51AC2 microcontroller.
- Two DC motor outputs.
- Three servo motor outputs.
- Five digital I/O lines.
- Six analogue input channels.
- UART serial communications port.
- I2C port.
- Three LED indicators.
- LCD connector and contrast adjustment potentiometer.
- Piezo speaker.
- Program/run switch.
- On/off switch and low battery indicator.
- Powered from four AA batteries (not included, 1700mAH or higher rechargeable batteries recommended).
- 1 x RBX-51AC2 controller board with 16×2 character LCD
- 1 x battery holder box
- 2 x ZX-01 touch sensors
- 2 x ZX-03Q infrared reflective sensor
- 2 x ZX-08 infrared objector
- 1 x ER-4 38kHz infrared remote control
- 1 x ZX-IRM 38kHz infrared receiver
- 1 x baseplate
- 1 x wheel and track set
- 1 x screws and fixings pack
- 1 x plastic joiners set
- 2 x DC motor with 48:1 gearbox
- 2 x motor mounting