Order Code: LV24-33A
The LV24-33A is MikroElektronika’s development board for 64, 80 and 100-pin digital signal controllers in Microchip’s dsPIC33F family and PIC24F/24H 16-bit microcontrollers. The LV24-33A includes a high-speed USB programmer and in-circuit debugger plus many useful built-in I/O features.
The LV24-33A is supplied with a removable PIC24FJ96GA010 MCU board and provides everything you need to start developing for, experimenting with or learning about this microcontroller. Additional MCU boards may be ordered separately for both the PIC24FJ96GA010 and dsPIC33FJ128GP710 as can empty MCU boards for users wanting to add their own 64, 80 or 100-pin 16-bit PICs and dsPICs where surface mount soldering facilities are available.
By including the programmer, in-circuit debugger, PIC MCU board and useful I/O devices on one board, the LV24-33A will save you having to waste time trying to set up individual programmers, debuggers, prototyping boards and I/O devices. Use of one of MikroElektronika’s dsPIC/PIC24 compilers with their included library routines and example programs also makes developing faster and avoids the need to struggle with hardware and software from different manufacturers.
The LV24-33A’s low cost, ease of use, reliability and wealth of built-in features also make it an excellent platform for the teaching of digital signal controllers in colleges and universities.
- On-board high-speed USB 2.0 programmer.
- On-board in-circuit-debugger (when used in conjunction with mikroC, mikroBASIC or mikroPascal dsPIC/PIC24 compilers).
- Accepts plug-on MCU modules (100-pin PIC24FJ96GA010 included).
- 85 LEDs show status of the dsPIC’s I/O lines.
- 85 pushbutton switches to simulate digital inputs.
- Two analogue potentiometers for simulating analogue inputs.
- Character LCD interface (16×2 character LCD available as option).
- Graphic LCD interface (128×64 graphic LCD available as option).
- Touch-screen controller (touch-screen overlay for graphic LCD available as option).
- Socket for DS1820 temperature sensor (DS1820 available as option).
- Two RS-232 ports with DB9 connectors.
- MMC/SD card slot.
- ICD2 connector.
- All I/O lines are available for easy off-board expansion.
- Pull-up or pull-down port defining.
- Power supply can be by USB or optional AC/DC power adapter.
- Large range of optional interface boards available.
Using the LV24-33A
The LV24-33A is incredibly easy to set up and use. On first connecting it to the USB port of your PC using the lead provided, Windows will prompt you to install a driver from the supplied CD-ROM. The PIC24FJ96GA010 that comes fitted to the LV24-33A is pre-programmed with a demonstration program that runs immediately. You can then install the LVPICFlash programming software, also on the CD-ROM, and reprogram the dsPIC with any of the included pre-compiled example programs to try out the board’s I/O features and get a taste of the sort of projects that you can develop.
To write your own programs, you can use the assembler in Microchip’s freely available MPLAB software or any make of dsPIC assembler or compiler that generate HEX files. However use of MikroElektronika’s mikroBASIC, mikroC and mikroPascal dsPIC/PIC24 compilers is recommended as these come with library routines that support all the LV24-33A’s built-in I/O devices and MikroElektronika’s optional interface boards, as well as allowing for use of the LV24-33A’s MikroICD in-circuit debugger. Demonstration versions of these three compilers are included, which enable you to write programs up to 2K in size, or you can save money on the individual prices and buy one of our starter packs that also include full versions of the compilers.
Your programs can make full use of the LV24-33A’s I/O devices and any that are not required can be disabled by way of clearly labelled jumpers and DIP switches. MikroElektronika’s range of optional interface boards can be fitted to the LV24-33A and it is also straightforward to connect your own circuits as all of the PIC/dsPIC’s I/O lines are available on eleven 10-way IDC headers.
The following list gives the PICs and dsPICs currently supported by the LV24-33A in numerical order.PIC24F Family
- LV24-33A development board with 100-pin PIC24FJ96GA010 microcontroller and 10MHz crystal.
- USB programming/power cable.
- RS-232 serial communications cable.
- Printed user manuals.
- CD-ROM containing LVPICFlash programming software and drivers.