Order Code: EASYAVR5A
Availability: In stock
The EasyAVR5A is MikroElektronika’s development board for Atmel’s 8, 14, 20, 28 and 40-pin DIP-packaged AVR microcontrollers. The EasyAVR5A includes a high-speed USB programmer plus many useful built-in I/O features.
The EasyAVR5A is ideal for newcomers to microcontrollers and experienced developers alike and is an excellent choice for anyone wanting the capability to work with any DIP-packaged AVR from 8-pin to 40-pin. The package contains everything you need to get started with AVRs – development board, ATmega16 40-pin microcontroller, programming software, leads, detailed documentation and example programs.
By including the programmer, DIP sockets to accept a large number of AVRs and useful I/O devices on one board, the EasyAVR5A will save you having to waste time trying to set up individual programmers, prototyping boards and I/O devices. Use of one of MikroElektronika’s compilers with their included library routines and example programs also makes developing faster and avoids the need to struggle with hardware and software from different manufacturers.
The EasyAVR5A’s low cost, ease of use, reliability and wealth of built-in features also make it an excellent platform for the teaching of microcontrollers in colleges and universities.
- On-board high-speed USB 2.0 programmer.
- Sockets for 8, 14, 20, 28 and 40-pin AVRs (40-pin ATMEGA16 included).
- Removable oscillator (8MHz crystal included).
- 32 LEDs show status of the AVR’s I/O lines.
- 32 pushbutton switches to simulate digital inputs.
- Four multiplexed seven-segment displays.
- Two analogue potentiometers for simulating analogue inputs.
- Character LCD interface (16×2 character LCD available as option).
- Graphic LCD interface (128×64 graphic LCD available as option).
- Touch-screen controller (touch-screen overlay for graphic LCD available as option).
- Socket for DS1820 temperature sensor (DS1820 available as option).
- RS-232 port with DB9 connector.
- JTAG connector.
- MMC/SD card slot.
- All I/O lines are available for easy off-board expansion.
- Pull-up or pull-down port defining.
- Power supply can be by USB or optional AC/DC power adapter.
- Large range of optional interface boards available.
Using the EasyAVR5A
The EasyAVR5A is incredibly easy to set up and use. On first connecting it to the USB port of your PC using the lead provided, Windows will prompt you to install a driver from the supplied CD-ROM. The ATmega16 that comes fitted to the EasyAVR5A is pre-programmed with a demonstration program that runs immediately. You can then install the AVRprog programming software, also on the CD-ROM, and reprogram the AVR with any of the included pre-compiled example programs to try out the board’s I/O features and get a taste of the sort of projects that you can develop.
To write your own programs, you can use the assembler in Atmel’s freely available AVRStudio software or any make of AVR assembler or compiler that generate HEX files. However use of MikroElektronika’s mikroBASIC, mikroC PRO 2008 and mikroPascal compilers is recommended as these come with library routines that support all the EasyAVR5A’s built-in I/O devices and MikroElektronika’s optional interface boards. Demonstration versions of these three compilers are included, which enable you to write programs up to 2K in size, or you can save money on the individual prices and buy one of our starter packs that also include full versions of the compilers.
Your programs can make full use of the EasyAVR5A’s I/O devices and any that are not required can be disabled by way of clearly labelled jumpers and DIP switches. MikroElektronika’s range of optional interface boards can be fitted to the EasyAVR5A and it is also straightforward to connect your own circuits as all of the AVR’s I/O lines are available on five 10-way IDC headers. The supplied ATmega16 microcontroller can easily be removed and replaced with any 8, 14, 20, 28 or 40-pin DIP-packaged AVR microcontroller. AVRs programmed on the EasyAVR5A may also be removed and used in your own circuits if required.
The following list gives the AVRs currently supported in DIP-package form by the EasyAVR5A in numerical order.ATtiny12, ATtiny13, ATtiny15, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny45, ATtiny85, ATtiny2313, AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT90S2343, AT90S4433, AT90S8515, AT90S8535, ATmega8, ATmega16, ATmega32, ATmega8515, ATmega8535
- EasyAVR5A development board with 40-pin ATmega16 microcontroller and 8MHz crystal.
- USB programming/power cable.
- RS-232 serial communications cable.
- Printed user manuals.
- CD-ROM containing documentation, AVRprog programming software and drivers, demonstration versions of MikroElektronika’s mikroBASIC, mikroC PRO 2008 and mikroPascal compilers and example programs.