Order Code: EASY8051B
The Easy8051B is MikroElektronika’s latest development board for Atmel’s 14, 16, 20, 28 and 40-pin DIP-packaged and 32 and 44-pin PLCC-packaged Flash-programmable 8051 microcontrollers. The Easy8051B includes a high-speed USB programmer plus many useful built-in I/O features.
The Easy8051B is ideal for newcomers to microcontrollers and experienced developers alike and is an excellent choice for anyone wanting the capability to work with DIP-packaged Atmel Flash-programmable 8051s from 14-pin to 40-pin as well as 32 and 44-pin PLCC-packaged devices. The package contains everything you need to get started with these 8051s – development board, AT89S8253 40-pin microcontroller, programming software, leads, detailed documentation and example programs.
By including the programmer, DIP and PLCC sockets to accept a large number of 8051s and useful I/O devices on one board, the Easy8051B will save you having to waste time trying to set up individual programmers, prototyping boards and I/O devices. Use of one of MikroElektronika’s compilers with their included library routines and example programs also makes developing faster and avoids the need to struggle with hardware and software from different manufacturers.
The Easy8051B’s low cost, ease of use, reliability and wealth of built-in features also make it an excellent platform for the teaching of microcontrollers in colleges and universities.
- On-board high-speed USB 2.0 programmer.
- Sockets for 14, 16, 20, 28 and 40-pin DIP and 32 and 44-pin PLCC Flash programmable 8051s (40-pin AT89S8253 included).
- Removable oscillator (8MHz crystal included).
- 38 LEDs show status of the AVR’s I/O lines.
- 38 pushbutton switches to simulate digital inputs.
- Four multiplexed seven-segment displays.
- Character LCD interface (16×2 character LCD available as option).
- Graphic LCD interface (128×64 graphic LCD available as option).
- Socket for DS1820 temperature sensor (DS1820 available as option).
- RS-232 port with DB9 connector.
- 4-channel 12-bit A/D converter.
- 12-bit D/A converter.
- On-board analogue voltage reference selectable between Vcc (5V) and 4.096V.
- All I/O lines are available for easy off-board expansion.
- Pull-up or pull-down port defining.
- Power supply can be by USB or optional AC/DC power adapter.
- Large range of optional interface boards available.
Using the Easy8051B
The Easy8051B is incredibly easy to set up and use. On first connecting it to the USB port of your PC using the lead provided, Windows will prompt you to install a driver from the supplied CD-ROM. The AT89S8253 that comes fitted to the Easy8051B is pre-programmed with a demonstration program that runs immediately. You can then install the 8051prog programming software, also on the CD-ROM, and reprogram the 8051 with any of the included pre-compiled example programs to try out the board’s I/O features and get a taste of the sort of projects that you can develop.
To write your own programs, you can use any make of 8051 assembler or compiler that generate HEX files. However use of MikroElektronika’s mikroBASIC, mikroC and mikroPascal compilers is recommended as these come with library routines that support all the Easy8051B’s built-in I/O devices and MikroElektronika’s optional interface boards. Demonstration versions of these three compilers are included, which enable you to write programs up to 2K in size, or you can save money on the individual prices and buy one of our starter packs that also include full versions of the compilers.
Your programs can make full use of the Easy8051B’s I/O devices and any that are not required can be disabled by way of clearly labelled jumpers and DIP switches. MikroElektronika’s range of optional interface boards can be fitted to the Easy8051B and it is also straightforward to connect your own circuits as all of the 8051’s I/O lines are available on five 10-way IDC headers. The supplied AT89S8253 microcontroller can easily be removed and replaced with any 14, 16, 20, 28 or 40-pin DIP-packaged or 32 or 44-pin PLCC-packaged 8051 microcontroller. 8051s programmed on the Easy8051B may also be removed and used in your own circuits if required.
The following list gives the 8051s currently supported in DIP and PLCC-package form by the Easy8051B in numerical order.AT89S2051, AT89S4051, AT89S8253
- Easy8051B development board with 40-pin AT89S8253 microcontroller and 8MHz crystal.
- USB programming/power cable.
- Printed user manuals.
- CD-ROM containing 8051prog programming software and drivers.
Easy8051B Additional Microcontrollers & Adapter Boards